The Department of Bioresources Engineering
Research for organism-derived natural products, source materials of the bio-industry to lead the 21st century.
The Department of Bioresources Engineering focuses on the quest and research for organism-derived natural products, which are source materials of the bio-industry, that will lead the 21st century. It emphasizes the research and education about the development of fusion technology, which is required for organism improvement, because it can lead to the industrialization of various biological materials. The Department of Bioresources Engineering aims to foster practical and competitive professionals who can contribute to the bio-industrial field immediately after graduation. In order to achieve this goal, our department teaches the basic sciences, such as biology, chemistry, and genetics as well as the applied studies, such as breeding, genetic engineering, natural materials, and engineering. Therefore, applicants to our department are expected to have courage, creativity, and persistent integrity, so they can understand the converging and complex principles and knowledge of natural and applied sciences and challenge new things by using them.
Foster creative and dynamic talented individuals who can lead the 21st century life sciences.
Career Path after Graduation
1. Private companies, such as pharmaceutical companies, food companies, biotechnology companies, and seed companies.
2. Staterun and private sector research institutes, such as the Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology and breeding research centers that are run by the private sector.
3. Public offices and public agencies, such as the Ministry of Agriculture, Food, and Rural Affairs, the Rural Development Administration, the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy, and the Korea Biotechnology Industry Organization.
4. Starting own businesses, such as bio-ventures.
5. Careers as professors and teachers